Woodpeckers Drilling holes in wood siding in Andover, MAOctober 12, 2016
I was just elected PresidentNovember 29, 2016
You have finally decided to start the interior Painting project that has been on your mind for months.
- Where do you start?
- How much will it cost?
- What should you do before they come for the estimate?
- How can you save money on this interior painting project?
Where do You start?
Naturally we would you like to contact us, Ramsden Painting but a great way to start is looking to friends and family for recommendations. Additionally you can search the company on the internet to see if they have any GOOGLE reviews. This is a great way to see how the company is reviewed by past customers and how they respond to the customers needs.
- When they visit your home for an estimate, Where they on time? (respect your time)
- Did they respect your property by removing or covering their shoes while walking the project? (respect your property)
- Did they deliver the proposal when promised (keep their word)
These are all but a few ways of having a snapshot of how the company operates and a taste of what you can expect from a legitimate contractor.
How much will it cost?
- One of the biggest factors to determine cost is the prep the rooms needs and what level of finish are you expecting?
- Are you ok with painting over the walls in their current condition? Are you looking for the walls to be flawless?
- Wood work in the room to be painted. Feel the wood work, is it smooth and flawless? Are you wanting all the small dings and scrapes to disappear?
- Settling cracks, ceiling stains, the height of the walls. These are all factors in pricing.
One small piece of the puzzle of pricing is the paint. The difference of a contractor grade paint and the superior paint is usually only around $20.00 per gallon. A typical 12 x 12 room repaint of the walls would consume approximately 2 gallons of paint. The difference in the two types of paint is worth the extra money and just a small factor in the over all cost of the interior painting project.
What should you do before they come for the estimate?
Not Much…. If you have a clear idea of what needs to be included in the project it will make the pricing and scope of the project much clearer.
How can you save money on this interior painting project?
This is an often asked question. There are a couple easy ways to save money on the project and let the contractor know you plan on doing the following things in advance to them starting and ask if it will make a difference in pricing. If you decided on Ramsden Painting these steps always save money.
- If possible empty the room of all furniture
- If emptying the room is not possible explain what will be left in the room.
- wash all the wood work down ahead of time, lots of dust and fur sometimes collects in the unassuming areas.
- remove all pictures and wall hangings.
- If keeping pictures at the same place when painting is complete, remove the picture and place a piece of tape on the nail or screw and then remove the rest of the hangers.
- Remove curtains.
- be flexible on a start date. often this is difficult when planning but if you can be placed on a short list due to a cancellation or rain this often gets the BEST pricing.
Please remember if you indicate that these above things will be completed prior to the contractor arriving and they are not complete you may have added costs for the additional tasks that need to be performed.
Please feel free to schedule and estimate at www.Ramsdenpainting.com or give us a call at 978-*683-9119.