Painting your BulkheadSeptember 12, 2018
Removing paint from Brick (video attached)June 26, 2019
Why Paint your Kitchen Cabinets?
- Are your cabinets older but overall are in “good” shape but are dated and or showing their age?
- Do you have darker stained cabinets that are so “90’s”?
- Do you have lighter stained cabinets that could use an rich update deep Espresso stain?
How Long will this process take?
- A complete repaint of your kitchen normally takes 4 days.
- The refrigerator can be accessed in the evening
- there is virtually no odor during the process.
We protect your home during the process?
- Your property is very important to us and we take Great care in treating it like our own.
- We lay floor protection on all floor for the duration of the project
- We protect all counters with padded blankets keeping the extra safe during the process.
- Zip walls (plastic sheets) are erected to keep all errant dust at bay.
- Our sanding of all the cabinets is performed with special sanders and vacuums made by Festool which are Hepa filtered 5 star sanders.
What product is best for your cabinets?
- All though many finishes and paint are used in cabinet painting the only paint which is recommended should be approved by the KCMA = Kitchen cabinet Manufacturers Association for durability and warranty and that is the reason we chose to use General Finishes for outstanding finishes and quality.
Why do we prefer General Finishes coatings for your cabinets?
- Enduro Clear Poly and tintable white poly are a high-performing commercial-grade water-based topcoat fortified with polyurethane that delivers a tough, durable and abrasion-resistant finish. Clear Poly can be used on any project where more solids (28%) and durability are desired.
How long will General Finishes last on your cabinets?
We are so certain that our prep process is so thorough paired with an exceptional product like General Finish we confidently warranty our cabinet repaints for Five years with no questions asked.
What is the cost of Painting cabinets?
We determine the cost of the refinishing based on the following variables.
- condition of the cabinet doors and drawers.
- we find most cabinets in Good to Great condition
- cleanliness of cabinets prior to start.
- oils and dirt must be cleaned and heavy hand oil and cooling grease takes additional labor time.
- Cabinet repairs.
- changing hardware that requires filling of holes is a modest additional fee.
The cost is determined by the following:
- door and drawer are counted per each
- large side panels of refrigerators and similar panels are counted as a unit
- Total units (doors, drawers, and additional panels) are added together and multiplied by a cost that ranges due to the condition from $130-$170 per opening (unit)
- Most kitchens range between $ 3,500 and $ 8,000
- An additional charge would be added if multiple colors are used.
According to Nerdwallet ” a major kitchen remodel could set you back $62,158 on average.” and if you cabinets are in good conditions a kitchen repaint is much more affordable.
If I can answer any of your kitchen repaint questions, please feel free to reach out to me via Ron@Ramsdenpainting.com or visit our website https://ramsdenpainting.com were you may able to schedule your own appointment.