How much will it cost to paint my house?June 9, 2015
Deck Staining and Maintenance FactsJune 16, 2015
Water Damaged Ceiling and Walls everywhere in the Andovers.
After a record breaking winter in northern Massachusetts we are now experiencing a flood of calls (no pun intended) regarding water damage or ugly ceiling stains.
In most cases the cure or fix is an application of a quality oil based stain blocking primer and one or two finish coats of a ceiling paint and in some cases additional interior painting. Sounds easy?
A few pointers:
- lots of drop cloths and plastic, use delicate tape to secure plastic so not to peel off paint when removing.
- Do not rush the process. let the oil primer dry as direction states
- If using spray oil primer, where protection and double check your drops and plastic as this seems to find its way everywhere.
- you will most likely have to paint the entire ceiling as it will not blend.
In this case the process is a little more involved.
- were eye and respiratory protection
- remove area of damage
- check to see if insulation is wet and mold presence. (if mold is present, contact a professional at this point
- install new sheet rock, tape and apply sheet rock compound
- prime and apply interior paint
The second scenario is more involved and practice and experience will help at this point.
Please contact Ramsden 1-800-PAINTING for assistance and a complimentary estimate.