Price is often one of the main factors in any project we are asked to perform.
The following is the cost / price to paint walls in a room, the process to paint the walls and other factors that could increase or decrease the cost of painting the walls.
The ceiling painting includes:
The Process:( walls only in a room)
- Protect floor with drop cloths and or plastic.
- cover furniture.
- wash walls as needed
- dust off and or vacuum walls.
- repair minor discrepancies as needed
- caulk as needed with paintable quality latex caulk.
- apply one coat of quality latex wall paint.
- wait adequate dry time
- apply second coat of quality latex wall paint.
- clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease cost of the ceiling painting process:
possible additional cost added:
- extremely dirty or nicotine stained wall surfaces.
- damaged walls, cracked walls or imperfections needing repair.
- damaged or failed sheet rock tape
- some textured walls
- wallpaper or wall border removal
- remaining remnants or wallpaper of previous wallpaper removal
- Height of ceilings above 8 feet
- furniture moving / excessive furniture in room
possible decrease in cost to paint a ceiling:
- empty rooms.
- one coat application only needed.
The cost of painting walls only in a room:
$ 360.00 12 foot x 10 foot room :
$ 565.00 12 foot x 14 foot room:
$ 955.00 14 foot x 20 foot room:
* The above all do not include the finish paint.
Please check out our other blog articles on pricing:
The cost of painting a door:
The cost of painting a ceiling:
The cost of painting an accent wall: