Painting Your Other Cabinets in your homeJanuary 26, 2017
What is the price to paint the walls in your room?February 9, 2017
Price is often one of the main factors in any project we are asked to perform.
The following is the cost / price to paint a ceiling, the process to paint a ceiling and other factors that could increase or decrease the cost of painting the ceiling.
The ceiling painting includes:
The Process:(this is for a flat ceiling that is good shape)
- Protect walls and floor with drop cloths and or plastic.
- cover furniture.
- dust off and or vacuumm ceiling.
- apply one coat of quality latex ceiling paint.
- wait adequate dry time
- apply second coat of quality latex ceiling paint.
- clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease cost of the ceiling painting process:
possible additional cost added:
- extremely dirty or nicotime stained ceiling surface
- damaged ceiling or imperfections needing repair.
- ceiling stains
- some textured ceilings
- ceilings previously painted with calcamite.
- Height of ceilings above 8 feet
- furniture moving / excessive furniture in room
- custom colors to be applied to ceiling.
possible decrease in cost to paint a ceiling:
- multiple ceilings being painted at one time, quantity sometimes factors into less time due to repetitive processes can reduce time needed
- empty rooms.
- one coat application only needed.
The cost of painting a ceiling:
$ 120.00 12 foot x 10 foot room :
$ 155.00 12 foot x 14 foot room:
$ 225.00 14 foot x 20 foot room:
* The above all do not include the finish paint.
Please check out our other blog articles on pricing:
The cost of painting a door:
The cost of painting a room:
The cost of painting an accent wall: