Price is often one of the main factors in any project we are asked to perform.
The following is the cost / price to paint a ceiling, the process to paint a ceiling and other factors that could increase or decrease the cost of painting the ceiling.
The ceiling painting includes:
The Process:(this is for a flat ceiling that is good shape)
- Protect walls and floor with drop cloths and or plastic.
- cover furniture.
- dust off and or vacuumm ceiling.
- apply one coat of quality latex ceiling paint.
- wait adequate dry time
- apply second coat of quality latex ceiling paint.
- clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease cost of the ceiling painting process:
possible additional cost added:
- extremely dirty or nicotime stained ceiling surface
- damaged ceiling or imperfections needing repair.
- ceiling stains
- some textured ceilings
- ceilings previously painted with calcamite.
- Height of ceilings above 8 feet
- furniture moving / excessive furniture in room
- custom colors to be applied to ceiling.
possible decrease in cost to paint a ceiling:
- multiple ceilings being painted at one time, quantity sometimes factors into less time due to repetitive processes can reduce time needed
- empty rooms.
- one coat application only needed.
The cost of painting a ceiling:
$ 120.00 12 foot x 10 foot room :
$ 155.00 12 foot x 14 foot room:
$ 225.00 14 foot x 20 foot room:
* The above all do not include the finish paint.
Please check out our other blog articles on pricing:
The cost of painting a door:
The cost of painting a room:
The cost of painting an accent wall: