Plaster and Lath repair Andover, MAJanuary 13, 2018
What is Behind your Wallpaper and how to Deal with it.March 13, 2018
As the winter weather draws to an end it is time for a Weathered Deck restoration.
The graying of the deck is usually the first quick TELL of the decking needing attention.
Other indicators are:
- Peeling paint or stain.
- drying and cracking of the wood.
- worn path from continuous foot traffic.
- blistering of current covering
What to do now?
Unfortunately it is now time to refinish the decking and rails. *( If you have happened to use the thick grip coat sold by a certain Big box store and have it failing on your deck you may have to replace your decking).
The steps in refinishing your deck:
- soft wash your deck with biodegradable deck wash and water.
- light sand all surfaces from decking, railing and steps.
- stain all railing systems first
- stain decking
- stain all steps and risers
Things to watch out for:
- weather, wet weather either before or after may compromise the finish.
- applying coatings directly in sun, bubbling may occur
- applying first and second coat without ample dry time
- let stain cure before foot traffic or furniture is returned to decking, it will be dry to touch but might not be able to ith stand weight or friction.
We usually find some parts of the decks do not need to be recoated every year but the flat areas suck as top of the railing, steps and decking usually do have to be recoated yearly.
If you would like a FREE estimate on refinishing your deck, please feel free to contact us at 978-683-9119 or https://ramsdenpainting.com
Thanks for reading,