Caring for Exterior Lawn and Patio FurnitureJuly 17, 2018
Wallpaper is it In or Out?September 9, 2018
Wall Damage from Plumbing and Electrical contractors, Who is going to fix it?
The electrician his project in your house and as he is leaving he says “the painter will fix it“.
The electrician just had to relocate an electrical wire and cut extra holes in the wall or ceiling. Scenario Two is that he was installing new ceiling lights and mis-cut a hole for the new ceiling fixture, he says “the painter will fix it“.
The Plumber arrives at the house to find the source of the leak and out comes his saw. Buzzing and smashing and a few grunts and the leaking pipe is repaired and as he departs the plumber says “the painter will fix it“.
The damage from the leaky or burst pipe is all that is left as the contractors part ways, maybe a ceiling or a wall in desperate need of help
The usual course of action at this point is not to remove the entire ceiling or wall to perform the repair.
expertise in cutting and finishing the wall for the repair to blend in takes years of experience.
Things to watch for:
- correct thickness of sheetrock replacement as town/city codes will dictate the kind of sheetrock/wallboard must be used depending on the room and abutting walls (garages)
- custom matching and popcorn finishes that blend, many newer materials that make this job easier on smaller repairs.
- oil based primers with stain blocking characteristics used to stop stain bleeding thru new repair
- additional failure of texture on ceiling when new paint is applied.
- THE MESS, application of texture is sometimes very messy and proper protection should be performed, most tikes it takes more time to plastic off a room than it does to perform the repair.
- Asbestos: in some cases the old texture has asbestos in it, caution should always be first priority.
As you can see there are many factors when performing a routine repair from Wall Damage from Plumbing and Electrical contractors, please feel free to contact us at Ron@Ramsdenpainting.com or visit us at https://ramsdenpainting.com
Ron Ramsden owner