Gutter Cleaning in Andover, MA 01810July 17, 2018
Caring for Exterior Lawn and Patio FurnitureJuly 17, 2018
Painting Cathedral Ceilings in North Andover, MA
The Do’s and Don’ts, equipment and safety of painting Cathedral ceilings in North Andover and Andover, MA.
Quite often homeowners are very comfortable in painting a ceiling in their home, a small step ladder, a drop cloth and they are good to go. But, what happens when the ceiling is 28 feet at its peak?
When confronted with a ceiling of height which in many Great rooms average about 12 feet tall but in some cases it has reached 28 feet in height we have to bring in the correct equipment for the job.
Ramsden Painting keeps a set of staging just for purposes of this and our staging is only used for interior projects which means that we are not bringing in dirt, mud, mold and anything else that might find outside into your beautiful home.
Safety at any height:
Osha demands it and if they didn’t, I would.
My crew are professionals and have families to go home to every night and that is why we take precautions as needed.
- If you have seen or have the opportunity to see them men working at heights you will notice that there are safety rails at the top of the staging.
- They are tied off with the appropriate harnesses fitted to each individual.
- respirators are used when sanding or spraying
- wheels are locked on all scaffolding
- one person is always on the ground as a watchman while one is on the staging.
We are use to working at heights and welcome a request with either questions or for me to visit and look at your next painting project that requires a higher reach.
We look forward in working with you.
Ron Ramsden owner