Hiring a painting contractorJuly 29, 2015
4 Outstanding Interior Paint Color Ideas that Improves Your Emotional Well-BeingAugust 8, 2015
A recent question from a prospective client of mine was “How can I save money when hiring your company to work for us?”
A common question or thought when hiring Ramsden Painting or another company to perform work in your home. I often sum up the situation as time is money.
You are hiring us to PAINT your home or room and if there are aspects of the project for you to assist and save Ramsden Painting time, then in the long run it will save your money.
A couple of tips in saving money on your next interior painting project:
- Clear the room of furniture or as much of the furniture as possible. An empty room is much easier to paint and work in than a room full of furniture. If the painters do not have to spend time moving furniture then time wil be saved.
- Wall hangings such as pictures. remove as many as possible. If pictures hooks/nails/screws are going to stay, place a piece of blue painters tape on these and the painter will just remove the remainder.
- Drapes and curtains. Your room is getting a fresh look. This would be a great time to send them out to be dry cleaned or maybe change the curtains. If you remove all the curtains and if old hardware is not going to be used then remove it so that the painters know the holes are there to be repaired.
- Leave the painter a note. We love notes and special instructions. one of the notes we had recently explained “the mirror on the wall is not to be removed s my husband glued it to the wall” I am glad we knew as we would of spent a lot of time taking it down.
Another example of saving time would be:
- Customer moves own furniture saving 2 men an hour each
- Customer removes all pictures saving 1 hour for 1 man
- Customer removes all window hangings and old hardware saving 2 hrs for 1 man
- Customer moves all furniture back into room saving 2 men an hour each
With this example you have saved just shy of an 8 hour day of work. Time is money. Performing these tasks yourself can reduce your next painting project total cost.
Please let the painting contractor know at the time of the estimate you are going to perform these tasks prior to the crew arriving to renew your home with interior painting.