Why I do not buy my paint at a Big Box Store.May 15, 2015
Historic Home Painting Andover, MAMay 17, 2015
The Grand entrance, The front door, What does yours say when someone walks up to it?
never gets used.
What does your front door say about you? Does it make a statement? Is it inviting to your guests?
When you are ready to put the “FOR SALE” sign on your house, does it “WOW” all that walks up to it?
Front door painting is a great afternoon project that can change the
entire look of your house.
A few easy steps and for under $30 you can makeover your front door all
The steps are:
- Remove lockset and deadbolt or tape around them. (we sometimes just loosen and leave in place)
- light sand entire door with sanding block or 220 grit sandpaper
- fill any tack or nail holes with wood putty, when dry sand again
- wipe entire door with tack cloth.
- apply one coat of latex paint (be daring with the color) use semigloss sheen.
- wait 4 hours and recoat with chosen color.
- wait for to paint is dry and reinstall lockset.
Of course not everyone wants to spend the afternoon or morning refinishing the front door. If you would like your front door refreshed, give us a call to schedule an appointment 1-800-PAINTING or 978-683-9119.