Emergency Paint projects in Andover, MADecember 28, 2015
How much does it cost to Paint a ceiling?December 28, 2015
Another Damaged ceiling all from this past spring snow and ice.
This year we have repaired and repainted more ceilings than any year in our fifteen years plus of being in business. Nine months after the storms have past and the damage had been done, Insurance companies are not catching up with the claims.
Questions we are receiving from homeowners regarding the ceiling repairs and repainting:
- Do We have mold? The majority of the claims we have repaired and painted were mold free. We have cut into walls and ceiling to visually inspect for mold but if there is mold present a mold remediation company should be called as they have the proper equipment and licencing to mitigate mold areas.
- What do I have to move in the room? Usually just fragile items, computer monitors and any fragile and breakable items. We have equipment and tools to hang plastic over everything and pictures and such can stay on walls. we will move furniture as needed.
- Will it smell? If there is a water stain we will use an oil based stain blocking primer on that area and it does have a smell that lasts about two hours.
- What kind of mess can I expect? Little to none in most cases of repairs or repaints. We cover everything and the equipment we us is state of the art with the latest technology for a virtually dustless operation.
- How long should this take? In an average house we can paint 4 ceilings with a crew of three in one day. this would be from set up to clean up.
- Do we bill the insurance company? Unfortunately we do not bill the insurance company. We will provide a detailed proposal for any work that is needed from moving items to clean up. If you have any questions regarding charges and if the insurance company will cover something, we would be more than happy to discuss the items.
- What if we find more damage and more work is needed? We will take pictures of everything and forward them to you and we will be available for you if you would like us to converse with the insurance company regarding the additional damage.
- Will we paint the walls if we are painting the ceiling? We can paint as much and as little as you will like. We will provide a detailed proposal for all work for your approval before any work begins. We do not have to paint your walls if you are having just your ceiling painted
Please let us know if we can assist with your next painting project. Estimates are always FREE and you can book your own appointment at our online booking page at www.Ramsdenpainting.com