Painting Kitchen cabinetsAugust 30, 2016
Who Needs to Be Registered as a Home Improvement Contractor?September 21, 2016
The Ten Top words or phrases a painter does not want to hear:
- Holiday: This is not a trendy relaxing vacation on the shores of South beach, This is a missed area while painting.
- Backroll: This is not a crouching knees bending backwards gymnastic term for a painter. This is when an area is sprayed with a paint from a spray gun then a paint roller is used to smooth out the area.
- Popcorn: A delicious snack often eaten during Movie time, or now a days found in 1901 different flavors for about $3 a bag in the grocery store , but for a painter ….. This is a texture often found on ceilings from the late 80’s and early 90’s time period with an appearance of popcorn in texture
- Orange peel: A succulent fruit with a textured skin, not for a painter…Orange peel to a painter is the texture that is achieve when applying some paints. When dried the surface resembles an orange peel.
- Flashing; Often heard when someone exposes a certain part of their body to surprise another person. For a painter this is when the paint sheen is not uniform and from an angle is looks to hve light and brighter areas.
- Chalking; This is not when the kids decide to draw all over the sidewalk with chalk or to smash two erases together at school.. For a painter this would be a powdery substance found when a finish surface starts to disintegrate and when a hand is brushed over it, it leaves a chalk like substance residue on your hand.
- Raised Grain: In some parts of the country this might be related to back country stills but for a painter this is usually achieve after priming a new piece of wood and the grain rises after priming due to the absorption of moisture.
- A Wet Edge: When running in bare feet over hot beach sand you are usually running to the WET EDGE of the water to cool your feet. But for a painter this is the leading edge of the painted surface which is still wet and is still workable with a brush or roller.
- Cracking: When one takes an egg and slams it into the edge of the bowl prior using it to make a cake. In a painters world this is when the surface of the paint starts to develop cracks for many reasons, all not very good.
- Alligatoring: This is often found in Florida when a resident brings a pet alligator home to make a new pet. In the painting world this is when the surface of the paint cracks in many areas close together often resembling an alligators back.
If you enjoyed this blog you might find this blog on Eliminating unicorns https://ramsdenpainting.com/eliminating-unicorns/
If you would like to contact us, please call us at 978-683-9119 or visit our website at www.ramsdenpainting.com