Painting Over Wall Paper – Do I Need to Remove Old Wallpaper?February 26, 2016
Should You Paint The Interior Doors The Same Color As The Walls?March 2, 2016
Painting for Condominium Associations and Home Owner Associations are quite different from painting for an owner of a residential single family home.
The process starts quite early for the preparation, budgeting and planning for complete painting, volume deck staining, power washing and general maintenance painting for multi residential complexes.
- We are called either by a Property Management company or directly from a condominium association if they are self managed to discuss upcoming painting.
- Generally we are brought in every year to provide pricing for painting/staining/power washing that is designated for that specific year to come or for a period of three to five years from that time.
- Quite often the work is not going to be completed the next year but budgets have to be in place for future work to be completed and also “wish lists” for the future.
- Proposals are given to adjust condominium, association fees or assessments determined if needed.
- We on some occasions attend the condominium board meeting to discuss and answer questions from the condominium board and or property manager.
Getting it Done: this after acceptance of proposal and contract is signed.
- A Pre-work walk around is performed with either the property manager or someone from the condominium board or both to discuss the project and any concerns.
- Notices to owners and tenants are posted in public places and or emailed to all effected parties by myself or the property manager.
- A staging area/on site shop is discussed and agreed upon to store equipment that will be on-site for sometimes weeks at a time.
- Work is performed per quote and agreement.
- After completion of work or during scheduled times a walk thru will be performed to discuss the project.
- During the work being performed unexpected additional work could be found. We have found with the advancement of technology pictures and videos can be taken instantly and forward to the decision makers for approval of additional work or just for a future TO-DO list.
Budgeting for the future:
With some condominium associations and Home Owner Associations (HOA) we are approached to provide, after a walk thru, an assessment on the painting condition of the property. We are also then asked to put together a comprehensive plan on what and when would need painting. Costs are discussed to enable them to plan for the future concentrating on the problem areas or just to keep the property looking fresh and preventing the surprise of an expensive repaint when it is not budgeted or planned.
If you have a property, condominium association or Home owners association (HOA) that would like to discuss maintenance, budgeting for painting or work to be performed we would like to talk to you. Please visit Ramsden Painting website (www.ramsdenpainting.com) to schedule your estimate.