4 Elements That Improve the Result of Your Bathroom Paint JobSeptember 5, 2015
I HATE my old wallpaper, what do I do now?September 15, 2015
Its time to refresh the kitchen with a new coat of paint. The question next is….
What will painting the kitchen cost?
A kitchen approximately 10 feet by 14 feet with a 7 foot high ceiling will serve as our example. This room has 2 windows, 3 door frames and one door. We will not be painting under cabinets as it has a tile back splash and has one small stain on the ceiling from an cooking disaster years before.
We will assume a few things for this calculation:
light prep is performed:
- light prep. light sand on walls, ceiling and trim.
- caulk as needed (where trim touches wall often have gaps)
- minor wall repairs. (moved pictures, bangs and dings)
- spot prime any repaired areas
- oil prime small spot on ceiling from cooking disaster years ago.
and before any of the above tasks are performed we make sure everything is covered with plastic and drop cloths. The last thing you want is paint on things that should not get painted.
Finish work to be performed:
- apply two coats of quality ceiling paint to the ceiling
- apply two coats of quality trim paint to all trim, windows, and door
- apply two coats of quality wall paint to all walls
- reinstall all the switch covers
Time for completion of this project with two experienced painters would be two days with a labor cost of
$ 1,400.00. plus the cost of the paint and supplies. A new kitchen can cost between $15,000 and up and take months to complete. In just two days you can have a new look for that up coming family get together.
Another option is to paint your kitchen cabinets which you can read
about in one of our previous blog posts at