Deck Staining and Maintenance FactsJune 16, 2015
Maintenance Painting around the homeJune 23, 2015
The Kitchen Cabinets are looking worn or your would like a new look without the expense and mess of replacing the kitchen cabinets. The cost of replacing kitchen cabinets could be in the 10’s of thousands of dollars and take months from start to finish.
The Solution: Paint or refinish the cabinets.
Repainting the cabinets, doors and drawers can provide the “new look” or change at a fraction of the price.
- Remove doors and drawers (label)
- degloss and or sand all surfaces to be painted
- oil prime all areas to be painted, apply by spray or brush depending on final look desired.
- Sand and wipe down all surfaces after primer has fully dried.
- Apply two coats of finish paint to all surfaces, allow plenty of time betwen coats for dry time.
- Reinstall all doors and drawers and adding new hinges or door pulls will change the look completely.
Steps for Refreshing:
- clean all the cabinets with a degreaser.
- if cabinets have scratches or nicks, apply matching stain to blend
- Apply one coat of polyurethane to all surfaces, this can be done with doors installed. (leave doors ajar as not to stick closed)
- light sand or steel wool then wipe down with a tack cloth to remove dust.
- re-apply a second coat of poly for the finished look.
Ramsden painting has been painting cabinets for years and we have found a sprayed look on the cabinet to be most desired. We bring doors and drawers off site to be sprayed and ample dry time. Counter bases and upper cabinetry are masked off and sprayed in place.
Please contact me with any questions you may have regarding cabinet or any other painting project.
Ron@Ramsdenpainting.com or 978-683-9119