Custom cabinet painting in hallway storage area in Andover, MA 01810
Do you ever dream of having a piece of furniture that makes a statement in your home or how about a Custom cabinet painting to enhance a hallway?
How about a custom-built hallway/mudroom storage area were all the kids shoes and coats are neatly hidden away?
We recently had the opportunity to finish this custom storage area with shoe cubbies, coat rack and cabinets to hide the unwanted articles that are not wanted to be in the public’s eye.
This beautiful piece was built in place and left for us to finish as raw wood.
The process we took to finish the newly created storage area was as follows:
- Hand sand all surfaces of the wood.
- apply two coats of primer via spray finish with hand sanding between each coat of primer.
- apply two coat of Benjamin Moore Advanced semi-gloss late finish and as you can see by the finished piece it is truly stunning and makes quite a welcome statement.
A couple of tips for long-lasting beauty:
- Do not use the piece of furniture until the paint has time to cure
- wash with a damp cloth if needed with water and dish detergent
- a clear coat of latex polyurethane can be applied in multiple coats to protect the surface from scratches and some markings
I you have a piece that you would like finished or refinished please contact us at http://www.ramsdenpainting.com
or 978-683-9119 an lets discuss the possibilities
Ron Ramsden, owner